September 27, 2023 In-person + Zoom
Trainee Speaker: Ernest Namdar, PhD Candidate
Talk Title: From radiomics to genomics: Multiclass Radiomics-based Models for Pediatric Low-Grade Neuroepithelial Tumors Molecular Subtype Identification Based on Open-Radiomics Protocol
Guest Speaker: Dr Artem Babaian
Talk Title: The Platinum Age of Virus Discovery:
Why the next 5 years will define the next 5 decades of
Guest Speaker Suggestions
We are always looking for new presenters.
If you would like to suggest someone, please let us know email@example.com.
Trainee Speaker Opportunities
TorBUG provides opportunities for local trainee speakers to present on their work. Submit an abstract of your work for consideration. Submissions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals for 2023-2024 season being accepted at email@example.com
TorBUG (Toronto Bioinformatics Users Group) is a community of students, trainees, researchers, and other professionals in the Greater Toronto Area who have a shared interest in the field of bioinformatics.
TorBUG meets on the last Wednesday of every month from September through April, except holidays. Research presentations by bioinformatics leaders, students and industry representatives are followed by networking over pizza and refreshments (limited capacity).
Meetings for 2023-2024 will be hybrid in-person at CCBR, Black (2023) and Red (2024) room (limited capacity) and via Zoom and are FREE and OPEN to all.
In-Person & Virtual Meeting FormatJoin via Zoom
- September 27, 2023 – Artem Babaian, Assistant Professor, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto
- October 25, 2023 – Carl de Boer, Assistant Professor in the School of Biomedical Engineering, University of British Columbia
- November 29, 2023 – Dana Pe’er, Chair, Computational and Systems Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute
- January 31, 2024 – Philip Awadalla, Director of Computational Biology, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
- February 22, 2024 – Josh Welch, Assistant Professor of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan Medical School
- March 27, 2024 – Sara Mostafavi, Associate Professor, Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington College of Engineering
- April 24, 2024 – Mike Schatz, Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Biology, Johns Hopkins University
As a service to the community, other bioinformatics events are posted to the calendar.