January 25, 2023 In-person + Zoom
Trainee Speaker: Yichao Zhao, PhD Candidate, Daniel Durocher Lab, University of Toronto
Talk Title: Genome-scale mapping of DNA damage suppressors through phenotypic CRISPR/Cas9 screens
Guest Speaker: Dr Jesse Gillis, Associate Professor and Principal Investigator, Dept. Physiology, University of Toronto
Preservation of co-expression defines the fetal fidelity of human brain organoids
Guest Speaker Suggestions
We are always looking for new presenters.
If you would like to suggest someone, please let us know email@example.com.
Trainee Speaker Opportunities
TorBUG provides opportunities for local trainee speakers to present on their work. Submit an abstract of your work for consideration. Submissions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals for 2022-2023 season being accepted at email@example.com
TorBUG (Toronto Bioinformatics Users Group) is a community of students, trainees, researchers, and other professionals in the Greater Toronto Area who have a shared interest in the field of bioinformatics.
TorBUG meets on the last Wednesday of every month from September through April, except holidays. Research presentations by bioinformatics leaders, students and industry representatives are followed by networking over pizza and refreshments (limited capacity).
Meetings for 2022-2023 will be hybrid in-person at CCBR, Red room (limited capacity) and via Zoom and are FREE and OPEN to all.
In-Person & Virtual Meeting FormatJoin via Zoom
- September 28 2022 – Bo Wang, Assistant Professor, Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology, University of Toronto
- October 26, 2022 – Peter Koo, Assistant Professor, Cancer Center, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- November 30, 2022 – Federico Gaiti, Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- January 25, 2023 – Jesse Gillis, Associate Professor, Physiology, University of Toronto
- February 22, 2023 – Tanya Berardini, Chief Scientific Officer, Phoenix Bioinformatics
- March 29, 2023 – Sushmita Roy, Associate Professor, Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- April 26, 2023 – Maggie Crow, Senior Scientist, Genentech
As a service to the community, other bioinformatics events are posted to the calendar.