Toronto Bioinformatics Users Group
TorBUG (Toronto Bioinformatics Users Group) is an association of researchers, other professionals and students in the Greater Toronto Area who have an interest in the field of bioinformatics.
TorBUG meets on the last Wednesday of every month from September through April, except holidays. Research presentations by bioinformatics leaders, students and industry representatives are followed by networking over pizza and refreshments.
Meetings are held in the Red Room at the Terrence Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research, University of Toronto, 160 College Street at 4:00 pm and are free and open to all.
- September 26, 2018 – Juri Reimand, Principal Investigator, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
- October 31, 2018 – Chia-Lin Wei, Director of Genome Technologies, The Jackson Laboratory
- November 28, 2018 – Andrew Doxey, Assistant Professor and Director of Molecular Biology Core Facility, University of Waterloo
- January 30, 2019 – Fiona Brinkman, Professor in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Simon Fraser University
- February 27, 2019 – Molly Hammell, Associate Professor, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- March 27, 2019 – Julie Hussin, Principal Investigator, Montreal Heart Institute
- April 24, 2019 – Jennifer Brooks, Assistant Professor in Epidemiology, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
As a service to the community, other bioinformatics events are posted to the calendar.
Mailing List: To subscribe to announcements of upcoming TorBUG events, please visit: https://lists.torbug.org/mailman/listinfo/announce
TorBUG is sponsored by: